Friday, May 15, 2009

Strawberry Tea

On Monday I attended the annual Strawberry Tea at the American Church in Paris. WOAC (Women of the American Church) organized the event. I have met a bunch of women close to my age at their events in the past. WOAC sponsors monthly events such as coffees, socials, cooking events, movies and volunteer opportunities. It has been a great way for me to meet other American women living in Paris. Many are in the same situation as their husbands are working and they are not.

I didn't get a chance to take any photos, but the food was great! There were tons of strawberry tarts, strawberry dishes, scones, and other great desserts in addition to a tasty chicken salad on a croissant. After lunch, an American jazz singer, Manda Djinn, performed different jazz songs. It was a wonderful way to spend a rainy Monday afternoon at the church!

No comments: